School: The Becket School
Location: West Bridgford, Nottingham
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: Full-time
Band: MPS/ UPS
Salary: £25,714 to £41,604 per annum
Start date: September 2022
Closing date: Monday 31 January 2022 (9am)
The Becket School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Teacher of MFL to join our outstanding MFL department. Applicants should be able to teach French and German to a minimum of KS4 and at least one of these languages to A Level.
The MFL department is committed to providing students with an engaging and exciting learning experience and so the successful candidate will be forward thinking, committed to developing students’ confidence and want to work within a team that inspires and encourages students to develop a love of languages outside their own.
Located in West Bridgford, on the outskirts of Nottingham, The Becket School, part of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust, has a real sense of community that you can see and sense as you walk around the school. Each child is important to us, and our expectation is that all our students will develop and grow as young people as they make their journey as part of our community.
As a Catholic school, we recognise the uniqueness and worth of each individual and that each of us has a valuable role to play in The Becket. Students, staff, families, governors – all work together seeking the very best and giving their best. You do not have to be a Catholic to apply for this post, however the successful candidate would be expected to contribute to and work within the Catholic ethos of our school.
The successful candidate will:
- possess QTS
- be able to inspire and enthuse students
- be committed to achieving excellent results
- be able to teach MFL up to and including A level.
We can offer:
- wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
- a team of talented and highly committed teachers
- a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
- professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme
- our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
- a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s CPD Hub.
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact directly on 0115 982 4280.
You will receive an automated response from our vacancies inbox to confirm your application has been received. Please contact HR on 0115 851 5454 if you do not receive this automated response.
The Trust and The Becket School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring, and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities, and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
Completed application forms (and associated documents) to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 31 January 2022 (9.00 am)
TBS Teacher of MFL – Job Description
TBS Teacher of MFL Person Spec
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust:
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s CPD Hub.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We have a specialised CPD Hub to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD for all our staff. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent, and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – you will save money as well as improve your mental health and wellbeing and reduce your Carbon Footprint.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for teachers.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn