School: All Saints Catholic Voluntary Academy
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Contract Type: Permanent, term-time only
Contract Term: Full-time, 37 hours per week
Band: OLOL Band 4, NJC Scale Points 11 – 17
Salary: Actual Salary £18,674 to £21,029 per annum
Start date: TBA
Closing date: Friday 28 January 2022 (9am)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the All Saint’s team as a Safeguarding Coordinator
We are looking to recruit a committed and experienced Safeguarding Coordinator to develop, plan and deliver a full comprehensive support package for safeguarding our young people.
The Safeguarding Coordinator is a new post within the Academy. The role will work closely with the Designated Safeguarding Leads, Keyworkers and Pastoral Teams to ensure support for students and families is accessed in a timely manner effecting positive change for our students.
Applicants should have experience of working in a school setting and have worked as part of a team responding to safeguarding concerns, including liaising with support agencies.
All Saints’ is located in Mansfield – Nottinghamshire’s largest market town and just 12 miles to the North of Nottingham. We are one of the highest achieving schools in Nottinghamshire with a vision to provide a safe and inclusive learning environment for students to achieve and develop free from discrimination.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for the coordination of safeguarding and child protection matters arising at the Academy under the direction of the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- promote the safeguarding and welfare of students
- encourage and build culture of Safeguarding at the academy.
- provide emotional support for colleagues dealing with safeguarding matter in relation to students and families.
We can offer:
- wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
- a team of talented and highly committed staff
- a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
- professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme
- our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
- a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s CPD Hub.
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact 01623 474 700.
You will receive an automated response from our vacancies inbox to confirm your application has been received. Please contact HR on 0115 851 5454 if you do not receive this automated response.
Completed application forms (and associated documents) are to be emailed to email@example.com
Safeguarding Co-ordinator – JD
Support Staff Application Form
Closing date: Friday 28 January 2022 (9.00 am)
The Trust and All Saints Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring, and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities, and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust:
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s CPD Hub.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We have a specialised CPD Hub to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD for all our staff. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent, and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – you will save money as well as improve your mental health and wellbeing and reduce your Carbon Footprint.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for support staff.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn