Role: Learning Support Assistant – Inclusion
School: Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy
Hours: 37 hours – Monday to Friday, term time only
Pay Scale: OLOL Band 2 (actual starting salary £15,938 rising to £16,581 in annual increments)
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 24 January 2022
Start Date: To be confirmed
Do you have experience of working with young people aged 11 – 18?
Do you want to make a difference to their lives and education?
Christ the King are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Learning Support Assistant to join our passionate, dedicated and successful Inclusion team. You will provide outstanding support to students with a range of Inclusion needs, supporting their identified needs and helping our young people to achieve the highest standard of education possible. There may be an element of personal care involved with this role.
You must have a good understanding of issues that our young people encounter and understand the importance of the Inclusion function within school. The successful applicant will hold high expectations of all students and will be committed to providing support to assist pupils in overcoming barriers to learning and encourage raised educational achievement.
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact the school directly. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
You will receive an automated response from our vacancies inbox to confirm your application has been received. Please contact HR on 0115 851 5454 if you do not receive this automated response.
The Trust and Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
How to Apply
Please complete the Support Staff Application form and supporting documents;
Please email completed application forms (and associated documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 24 January 2022 (9.00 am)
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression – with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance – you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension – automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions – we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for support staff.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn